Future of TV News
This page is automatically updated to keep the last 5 posts from my Future of TV curated news feed. I spend the day finding articles on Connected TV, Smart TV, IPTV, OTT, Social TV, etc, and put the ones with news, original opinions, etc into a curated newsletter. It’s typically about 8-12 articles per day.
Most recent articles:
- Google TV 2.0 Coming: Should You Tune In?Google is taking another shot at its smart TV platform with revamped software including an improved interface, a more unified view of Internet video content and the inclusion of apps from its Android operating system onto the TV platform.
- â€˜You Can Only TiVo So Many TV Showsâ€™ â€” Why Everybody Loves Old TVNetflix, Amazon and Hulu agree: The future of television is â€¦ television.
- Students Present Launch Plans for Interactive Apps at The Cable Center in DenverBusiness students presented launch plans for real-world interactive TV applications during the first Daniels Interactive Case Study Competition on October 27 at The Cable Center in Denver. The winning team from the University of Denver's Daniels College of Business presented a business plan for a 2-screen synchronized programming app developed by Ball State University students.
- The TV of Tomorrow Show 2011 [Event]East Coast "TV of Tomorrow Show" Event Will Feature Three Tracks, over 100 Expert Speakers and Panelists, an Art Exhibit, and [itvt]'s First-Ever Holiday Party
- Cable TV tries to catch up with interactive adsTelevision advertising that allows viewer participation via a remote control has been a dream of the cable industry for at least a quarter century.
- Cable TV Holding Web Rivals at Bay, Earnings ShowThis time a year ago, the television industry was rife with worry about so-called cord-cutting â€” people dropping cable subscriptions in favor of watching TV over the Internet.
- Connected TV and 3D sets boom in GermanyTV set manufacturers expect a strong Christmas sales period in Germany. Connected TV sets and 3D models are particularly high in demand, reports industry association gfu.
- Understanding User Experience Misconceptions In Connected TV Content, Platforms And MarketingI wanted to take a moment to respond to some recent chatter in the industry with this post. First, my firm CTV Advertising and myself tend to evangelize on a lot of topics in this space. We also know who to turn to when we need information. One example Iâ€™d like to quickly reference are our partners at www.futuretvads.comÂ ( The Future TV Advertising forum). The Forum brings together advertising experts with broadcast professionals to discuss the evolution of TV Advertising. Itâ€™s...
If that’s not enough for you, check out the Future of TV Twitter feed here: